Our client, Lucid Motors, is seeking an Associate General Counsel, Privacy & Data Security who will be responsible for building and scaling the privacy and security legal function. This person will work in close partnership with cross functional teams providing strategy, thought leadership and expertise to help develop and implement a global privacy and data security program. This person will have the opportunity to demonstrate their value and be considered to become Lucid’s Privacy Officer.
- Build, scale, and drive a global legal strategy to holistically manage all data privacy and security related matters impacting the company’s business
- Serve as lead legal resource and partner closely with teams across the company to help develop scalable privacy and data security solutions that enable product innovation, and international expansion
- Provide legal guidance and support Lucid’s data security teams, advising on information security requirements, incident preparedness, response and breach notification obligations, communication plans and remediation
- Drive privacy compliance for the appropriate business and functional leaders and their teams
- Update and maintain privacy and data security policies worldwide
- Act as subject matter expert for contractual privacy and data safeguard clauses in Lucid’s third-party relationships
- Coordinate with regulatory and government officials at various levels, provide required notices and respond to government inquiries
- Oversee data subject request program and develop and implement training regimens for privacy topics
- Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required
- 12+ years of relevant experience at a law firm, in-house corporate or consulting environment with evidence of exceptional ability
- Certified International Privacy Professional Certification (CIPP) is strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience analyzing and applying federal, state, and global laws related to privacy and data protection, including regulations and requirements, such as GDPR, CCPA/CPRA etc.
- Ability to interact, develop and discuss strategy with senior management
- A solid business focus with practical risk awareness and ability to deliver risk-calibrated solutions to allow business to achieve its ultimate goals
- Unwavering good judgment and ability to apply legal knowledge and practical advice to help solve important business challenges
- Strong execution and project management skills
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal skills with the ability to present information/complex legal matters clearly and concisely
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and the ability to constructively engage and work with people throughout the world
Our client, Lucid Motors has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for an Associate General Counsel, Privacy & Data Security. Any resumes sent directly to Lucid Motors will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Anne Kerwin Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Krithi Byadgi (email@example.com).