Our client, Zoom, is looking for an Associate General Counsel, Regulatory Compliance. Zoom’s mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that unifies your meeting experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever. The company is the world leader in video communications. Hundreds of thousands of businesses turn to Zoom for video and web collaboration.
Reporting directly to the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer/Chief Privacy Officer, the Associate General Counsel, Regulatory Compliance will be responsible for leading and evolving Zoom’s global regulatory compliance, including by building programs to implement and monitor requirements under global regulatory frameworks and engaging with regulators and internal stakeholders to align expectations and evidence compliance. This person will ensure ongoing compliance with global privacy, consumer protection, marketing, platform and data security frameworks, as well as monitor developments in applicable global regulations and set requirements for Zoom products and programs. This leader will partner closely with Product Development, Marketing, Security, Compliance, Data Science and related teams to understand product and business models, data and security practices, and provide both strategic and practical guidance on developments impacting product and business practices.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with the AGC, Privacy (product) to scale the global Privacy Program.
- Work in partnership with Product Development, DGC, Product and Engineering leadership to implement regulatory requirements into product and software development cycles .
- Develop programs to comply with global regulation and regulatory commitments (e.g. FTC Order), including developing processes, safeguards, monitoring and reporting.
- Develop programs to ensure that external commitments, marketing, and policies accurately reflect data and business practices and meet other regulatory requirements.
- Engage proactive with regulators to align on compliance strategies and to evolve requirements in light of regulator expectations.
- Responsible for compliance reporting to regulators, including under proposed FTC Order and AG commitments.
- Regularly meet with internal teams (e.g. product) to understand strategies, roadmap, and initiatives, and advises on new features, activities, etc. to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Provide early advice on innovations to speed development.
- Proactive monitor and analyze global legislation and initiatives and develop risk-based framework for addressing developing requirements.
- Assess risk associated with business activities and determine solutions.
- Responds timely to inquiries from colleagues to provide sound, succinct and actionable advice.
As the perfect candidate for this role, you’ll likely have:
- 10+ years of direct experience and depth in regulatory counseling and compliance.
- The ideal candidate will have worked in or for a mix of government, in-house and law firm environments.
- Previous experience with the FTC, FCC, SEC and/or DOJ a must.
- Qualified to practice law in California or state of residence
- Experience testing, monitoring and assessing privacy programs
- Expertise in global privacy and regulatory frameworks, including GDPR, ePrivacy, EU Platform to Business Regulation, CASL, HIPAA as it pertains to Business Associates, FERPA, FedRAMP, CCPA, FCPA, etc.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams and build consensus among stakeholders
- Passion to work in collaborative team environment with an attitude to deliver happiness
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multi-task, adjust to rapidly changing priorities, and drive strategic projects to successful delivery.
- Sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently
- Experience supporting product teams across multiple areas of subject matter expertise a plus
- Ability to quickly issue spot and appropriately prioritize risk and outcomes a must
- Growth mindset: every new challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow.
Zoom has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for an, AGC, Regulatory Compliance. Any resumes sent directly to Zoom will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Anne Kerwin Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org).