Lacuna Technologies is a privately-held, 45-person, Series A company helping cities make broader, better use of fixed public infrastructure. Their platform, built on open-source technology, enables cities to use data to anticipate demand, conduct the use of streets and curbs, and to adjust policy digitally, with insights that show what works best, and why. They are on a mission to join modern mobility with the public good.
This exciting, relevant and growing startup is in need of a seasoned Generalist to be the #2 attorney in the company. Reporting the Chief Legal and Data Ethics Officer, you will handle a full scope of legal matters in support of the continued growth of the business. We are looking for a well-rounded individual with high EQ, positive attitude and creative problem-solving skills for this senior leadership role.
- Lead, negotiate and draft all transactions related to customer, vendor, partner and license agreements.
- Manage the IP portfolio and handle employment matters, product counseling, and policy implementation.
- Handle complex business needs including deal structuring, risk management and operational matters.
- Keep abreast of market and regulatory developments to help ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Support compliance needs for applicable laws, product certifications and standards.
- Work closely with product, eco-system, marketing and other teams to develop a tight partnership and execute on business goals.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and Cal bar membership in good standing.
- 8+ years’ experience with a combination of law firm and in-house background.
- Generalist with depth in product, commercial, employment law.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and eager to learn and take on the challenge of handling a broad range of legal and business matters working toward company goals.
- Solid business judgment and ability to think strategically as well as balance legal risks and business concerns.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision, taking ownership and responsibility for completing projects.
- Able to quickly earn a trusted role as a close advisor to all teams with shared goals and solid execution.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize deadlines.
- Great communicator and capable of interacting with colleagues at all levels.
- Able and eager to grow with the organization and expand their sphere of influence.
Lacuna Technologies has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct this search. Any resumes sent directly to Lacuna will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Kathleen Britschgi (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Kerwin Associates.