Our client, a privately-held data analytics, enterprise software company, is searching for an outstanding Associate General Counsel to lead their growing go-to-market legal team. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic in-house legal team supporting the recognized leader in processing big data in the cloud.
- Build, manage and lead the commercial legal team charged with reviewing and negotiating all customer and channel agreements, while protecting the company during its continue rapid revenue growth.
- Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders and provide strategic advice on the go-to-market efforts.
- Manage and continue developing the company’s legal agreements, ensuring that all terms and policies are best-in-class documents.
- Handle major engagements and negotiations, balancing expansive revenue growth with long-term risk.
- Oversee implementation and adoption of global contracting systems and processes.
- Work with finance, sales operations, and other departments to develop, implement and maintain global contracting policies.
- Contribute as a team player to help further the status of the legal department as an effective, respected, and valued resource within the company.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience; ideally 5+ in-house in a high growth environment.
- Graduate of a top-tier law school; California bar membership required.
- Experience managing legal professionals and history growing a team.
- General understanding of cloud and software industries, including SaaS model, and a strong desire to work on legal issues in these areas.
- Substantial experience negotiating complex transactions involving security, privacy and IP issues.
- Excellent working knowledge of commercial contract negotiation practices, especially in the SaaS industry, and applicable accounting rules including those relating to revenue recognition.
- Strong knowledge of intellectual property, data privacy and contract law.
- Proven, effective management skills.