Our client is a privately held, international SaaS marketing analytics company with offices in San Francisco in need of an outstanding attorney to join their 5-person legal team. As the sole attorney in the U.S., you will manage all inbound and outbound commercial matters with a focus on supporting the U.S. Sales organization. This person will also be the go-to on privacy, and handle other matters relating to regulatory, compliance, and employment etc. as they arise. Reporting to the General Counsel, ideal candidate will be an independent, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a company experiencing rapid growth.
- Draft, review, negotiate and close commercial contracts, including master services agreements, SaaS subscription agreements, statements of work, licenses, RFP responses and supporting documentation with customers, partners, and vendors.
- Coordinate commercial and contractual issues with Sales as well as Finance, Marketing, Business Development, Security, and IT.
- Provide timely, practical, business-oriented legal advice and recommendations on a variety of commercial, regulatory and corporate issues including labor matters.
- Monitor and provide guidance on applicable laws, including data privacy and other regulatory compliance issues.
- Develop and maintain company contract templates, business processes and internal policies to help scale the business.
- Manage and coordinate outside counsel in support of company initiatives.
- JD degree and member of a state Bar.
- 8+ years of commercial and technology law experience; both in house and law firm preferred.
- Experience handling complex technology-related commercial legal matters.
- Ability to independently review, draft and close commercial agreements.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage and support multiple matters.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively within a globally distributed team in a fast-paced business environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-driven and highly motivated to contribute to the success of the company.
- Ability to comfortably deal with a global customer base in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a clear and concise drafting style.
- Experience in SaaS or big data.
- Experience in adtech and/or martech.