Our client is a publicly traded, leading-edge, alternative energy technology company that designs and markets new products for the renewable energy space. Their breakthrough energy solutions make solar power more productive, more reliable, and smarter. This company is doing exceedingly well and due to their continued growth is looking for a dynamic attorney to join their team.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director, Legal, this position will provide legal support for the sales, marketing and business development teams. The ideal candidate should be capable of taking on new challenges, and work independently in a very fast-paced environment.
- Provide legal support to the company’s Sales, Marketing, and Business Development teams and liaise with all necessary cross-functional business clients on such agreements.
- Identify and mitigate risk while structuring, drafting, and negotiating B2B and B2C deals for the sale of solar energy system hardware, SaaS, and design services, as well as the license of software in established and emerging markets worldwide.
- Structure and draft other commercial agreements and product warranties for compliance with local jurisdictions around the world.
- Draft and review marketing and promotional programs and materials and website content.
- Advise business development team on structuring deals in a manner that meets business objectives while mitigating legal risks.
- Create and maintain template agreements and playbooks and refine contract processes and forms.
- Assist in other matters such as data and consumer privacy matters and advise with respect to customer support interactions with end user customers, as appropriate.
- Work cross-functionally within the company to influence and create actionable initiatives and reduce legal risk.
- Perform other relevant duties and tasks as requested or necessary.
- JD degree from a nationally recognized ABA accredited law school.
- Member in good standing of the California State Bar.
- 10+ years’ experience working in commercial, technology, and/or transactional matters including a combination of law firm and in-house experience, preferably at a high-technology company.
- Strong and clear verbal/written communication skills with an ability to speak “non-lawyer” with business partners throughout the company.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible, to think strategically and to balance legal risks against business concerns.
- Possess high integrity, ethics, a good attitude, and a strong & persuasive personality with demonstrated ability to execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and build enduring relationships.