Our client, a venture capital firm, is searching for an Associate Attorney to report to the SVP of Compliance & Legal Administration. In this role you will draft, negotiate and review all documentation relating to firm’s product offerings, including secured debt facilities and equity investments, and advise internally on matters relating thereto.
- Draft, negotiate and review all documentation relating to client’s secured debt facilities and equity investments and other related matters.
- Review, prepare and negotiate secured loans, equipment leases, equipment loans and related documents; work closely with customers and their attorneys; conduct legal due diligence and coordinate with internal diligence groups; oversee closing and post-closing documentation.
- Review, prepare and negotiate equity investment documents; coordinate execution of the investment documents.
- Review, prepare and negotiate warrant agreements to purchase securities.
- Review, prepare and negotiate intercreditor agreements.
- Liaise with outside counsel, as needed, for both international and domestic deals.
- Review and evaluate merger/acquisition documents as they relate to our debt facilities, warrants and equity investments.
- Draft, negotiate and review non-disclosure agreements.
- Review, discuss with and advise internally on legal matters relating to secured debt facilities; including assistance in the preparation of “term sheets.”
- JD and member of a State Bar in good standing.
- 2+ years as practicing attorney with secured debt transaction experience; corporate, securities, bankruptcy and workout experience a plus.
- Understanding of secured debt transactions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Typing and Internet skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; self-motivation.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, including maintaining confidentiality.
- Energetic, resourceful and able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.