About Procore: Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. They provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, they have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check them out at on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
The Role: Our client, Procore, is looking for a bright, energetic, business-minded Assistant General Counsel, Sales to join their Legal Department. As a critical member of their globally growing Go-to-Market commercial legal team, you’ll provide broad commercial support to the Sales organization and review, negotiate and execute complex transactions with their customers.
Working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, high-volume environment, you’ll partner with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure exceptional sales enablement and accelerating deal velocity. This is a tremendous opportunity to leverage your passion for technology and deep knowledge of commercial SaaS contracts to provide practical and solutions-oriented advice to clients, effectively calculate potential risks, manage workloads, and prioritize multiple client demands.
This position reports to our Associate General Counsel, Go-to-Market, and has the opportunity to be based in any of their U.S. office locations or be fully Remote.
- Draft, review and negotiate complex commercial and SaaS sales agreements (e.g., MSAs/subscription service, term of use, public sector, professional services, channel, partner, data processing, assignment and assumption, statements of work, order forms, NDAs and other commercial agreements).
- Provide practical, commercial advice to global sales executives and internal stakeholders on a variety of Sale and support-related legal issues, balancing business objectives with legal risks, including identifying, managing, and communicating risks and opportunities in revenue transactions and analyzing and interpreting complex business and legal contractual provisions.
- Help shape business and legal terms, deal structures and to help improve transaction processes and practices to support innovation, achieve better outcomes and enhance transaction velocity without material increase in risk.
- Maintain and continuously refine forms, playbooks, fallback guides, guidelines, research files, FAQs, policies, processes, procedures, and other tools essential to the efficient and effective functioning of the Legal GTM function.
- Onboard, train, and manage outside counsel that augments the commercial legal team, as needed.
- Be accountable to the Legal GTM function’s SLAs and other KPIs to ensure the function’s continuous high performance.
- Deliver training and education to the Sales and Customer Success organizations on, as applicable, agreement forms, provisions, negotiation best practices, greater effectiveness, and other relevant legal and Sales enablement issues.
- Stay abreast, and advise on potential impacts of new and proposed SaaS, cloud computing and commercial law developments, industry trends, and best practices in the markets in which we operate.
- J.D. required, 10+ years of transactional commercial legal experience supporting SaaS sales in a corporate environment or a leading law firm.
- Must be active and in good standing a state bar, or eligible to register as in-house counsel.
- Extensive experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex commercial and SaaS sales agreements globally, preferably with a company of significant size and scale and with large global enterprise customers.
- Track record of success in executing in a fast-paced, high volume growing global sales environment.
- Comfortable negotiating data privacy agreements, including a working knowledge of GDPR and CCPA as they relate to commercial contracts.
- Deep understanding of SaaS business models, sales motions and commercial negotiation best practices, and familiarity with revenue recognition and related SaaS accounting standards, processes, systems, issues, and terminology.
- Strong desire to develop a detailed understanding of Procore, their products and industry, with the intent of aligning advice and decisions with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated track record of motivating and influencing both internal and external stakeholders.
- Adept at explaining complex legal concepts in a clear, concise manner to stakeholders who may have minimal legal knowledge using oral, written, and visual presentations
- Management experience a plus.
Procore has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct this search. Any resumes sent directly to Procore will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Kathleen Britschgi (email@example.com) at Kerwin Associates.